lunes, 10 de junio de 2013

I would like to meet...








Something a bit sad is to know there's some characters 
that maybe we will never meet, 
but in case we could do it, what would you do?


-.-


Karen Carpenter


She's the one I would like to know, and the person whose identity was a mystery for a lot of years. I can see me in past with 5 years old,  listening her music in the car; the deep voice, all the melodies, were just something beautiful. The fact is I didn't know how to obtain her name and music, so I just get used to remember some words I could understand and part of the melody.

Approximately 12 years after that, some day, I found her. Was an amazing moment. Since then I listen to her   songs the way I always dreamed, and of course I try to learn about her life and work.



Her life


As you imaging she was a northamerican singer and drummer (March 2, 1950- February 4, 1983), well known for being part of the duet Carpenters with her brother, and her deep voice. 
Being in high school, she didn't like some classes, and to exempt herself, she got in to the high school band, she fell in love with the drums and her life began to change.
In university, she share a group with Frank Poller and her brother Richard. They played in different clubs on Hollywood, they win in a conquest and finally they sign in with RCA Records for a few months, from then on, success fallow their lives.


If I could talk to her

I would ask her to create a song for two voices, and as you maybe think, one of them should be mine. I think  I could expend all day talking about music and singing with her. 
She died very young, that's something that make me talk of her, because I know, right now, she could stay alive, and would be the older, nice and loved singer of mine.


 

One of the most known songs: "Close to you"



Their cover for: "Ticket to ride"


-.-



I hope you enjoyed!




Thanks for reading, see you!









3 comentarios:

  1. I love the dresses that Karen Carpenter used in her performances, but it's so sad that she looked depressed and sick because of her disease.
    I guess you've seen the movie "The Karen Carpenter Story".

    ResponderBorrar
  2. i didn't knew she was the singer of the song " Close to you" ... it's beautiful ...

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I listened Close to you in the Simposon´s movie, and it is one of my favorites songs.

    ResponderBorrar