jueves, 9 de mayo de 2013

Summer Concerts









This past summer, I could experience one of the most amazing concerts of the year: The Planets by Gustav Holst.
If you read my blog before, I'm sure you should know I like the space, planets and stuff. In January, I had a lot of time (you could imaging) so, I spent the time I wanted to read and seek topics related with the night sky. The fact is that's why I enjoyed so much the idea of see that concert (I think), at last, that was one of the main reasons.


The concert


Took place the days 10, 11 y 12 of January in the Universidad de Chile's theatre, located in Baquedano station. I went on Thursday, if I remember well. he director was from here -Chile- and his name is Juan Pablo Villarroel; the orchestra and the institutional chorus participated.
The concert was simply wonderful. I like you to imagine the magical atmosphere there. The Planets, it's a work who contains 7 different movements; a suite. Each one represent a planet and from that, a god. I truly enjoyed  building an imagery for the well known characters. Moreover, we could see (who knows how) a unique personality from the music.
Quite a special moment in concert (for me) was, when they were playing Venus, the bringer of peace. Such big curiosity, was eaten me jaja. In an astrological way, Venus, is related with the sign Taurus (that's mine). I listened and woaa! So beautiful, so like my type of likes. I was completely delighted. Plus, the sound of the music took in a point, a volume so sweet and nice, everyone felt the mood and the silence, make the music. In fact, was like none one moves or took air.


Gustav Holst


Was an English composer born on 1874. The suit The Planets, was his most important creation and for sure important to England too; because that work helped the country recovering the international music category. The success of that work definitely crossed the borders. 
It's interesting to know, Holst work wasn't based completly in astronomy; but, in astrology. In fact, the models for gods, are the greek ones.


-.-


Hope you to enjoy, see you soon!  







No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario